Sunday, June 19th

Husband: (after phone call from middle child) I can't remember the new kid's name!
Me: Amun - like the Egyptian god...
Husband: It's a stupid name.
Me: Well, she makes coffee for a living and her husband herds sheep - if they're happy...It's a good thing you never had expectations for your kids.
Husband: Expectations for my kids? I never had expectations for
Me & Husband simultaneously: Yourself/myself!
Husband: And I still don't.
Me: Well then at least you've never been disappointed or ever will be.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. But a little sad, dontcha' think?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is sad in many ways.

      Delete
  2. You expect nothing you'll never be disappointed. And maybe never "get" anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's kinda sad but my husband's blood pressure is always just fine and his mood is always mellow...

      Delete